Sunday, May 22, 2011

day seven, week one

Last night was hard emotionally. I made an amazing chicken and pasta dinner for my family, with 2 cooked green veg and a salad. My husband drank 3/4 bottle of wine and baked a chocolate cake. Then he had chips and salsa. I stayed on track 100%, but felt very disconnected with him.

Food and wine have been a huge "glue" for our relationship. From the very beginning our relationship revolved around food and wine. From our first dates, our wedding, our honeymoon, our parties and family dinners. I'm feeling sad and afraid to let that go, but we have both gained over 50 pounds since we met 11 years ago. We've had 2 kids, earned a masters degree, bought 2 houses and a pacemaker, a c-pap, and a seizure disorder. We argue and snipe almost all the time these days. Maybe my transitioning to this nutritarian lifesyle is another big transition for us that will bring more stress, but what I'm really after is peace.

I hope this and all the other things I've done to change in the last few years will be worth it. Health, happiness and peace. These are my only goals for me and my family. I hope this is will work.

Last night did end on a great note. Because I hadn't been drinking, I felt clear and light and spent great quality time with the kids. Ane when I woke up this morning, I had lost another pound!

No comments:

Post a Comment